Religious group dances on Auraria Campus, plans to keep at it

[media-credit id=68 align=”alignnone” width=”600″][/media-credit]

Members of the World Mission Society Church of God dance in front of Auraria students Feb. 14 in the Tivoli Commons area.

A religious demonstration resembling a cheer squad of 12 female dancers wove around Auraria students Feb. 14.

They took over Tivoli Commons dressed in all black clothing and thick yellow scarves, chanting and dancing to upbeat music and trying to spread their message to Aurarians.

The group is affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventists through a church called World Mission Society Church of God.

“We’re testifying that the second coming of Christ has appeared a second time in the human body,” said Michael Musni, organizer of the demonstration and local Ahn Sahng-hong group leader. Ahn Sahng-hong is the new name for Jesus, according to Musni.

Since many members of the religious group are students at Auraria, they have chosen this campus as their weekly destination for their demonstrations throughout the spring semester.

The group hopes to bolster support for a new CCD organization called the Seven Thunders club, which is a campus base for people who share these beliefs.

“We have friends who are in the club and we wanted to support them,” said Anny Meraz, one of the dancers on the self-proclaimed rally team.

“We’re helping by encouraging them and cheering with them and being here so that many students can come and listen to the message that they have to say about the second coming of Christ,” she said.

The women took short water breaks in their five-hour demonstration near the amphitheater outside Plaza. They danced several prearranged sets, accompanied by a group of 14 people in the background who held neon pink lettered signs that read “Heavenly Mother” when held up together.

[media-credit id=68 align=”alignleft” width=”165″][/media-credit]

Marie Willman dances with other members of the World Mission Society Church of God Feb. 14 in Tivoli Commons

The background group used a megaphone and chanted, “We love you,” “We are family,” and “I have already come,” an allusion to their core belief that the second coming of Jesus Christ took place in 1918 before he ascended back to heaven in 1985.

The Heavenly Mother slogan refers to the female existence of God, who they believe is a living woman in South Korea called “The Heavenly Jerusalem” or “The New Jerusalem,” by followers of this faith, Musni said.

Metro students are less offended by their mode of communication than other evangelical groups that are infamous on campus for inciting negative crowd reactions, such as the anti-abortion groups.

“It’s not in line with my beliefs, but it’s interesting,” Metro senior Alexa Davis said. “I guess this is the best place to [hold religious demonstrations] because it’s the center of higher education and higher learning, I think having the freedom to do that here is important, but within certain constraints.”

Davis said the group was acting agreeably compared to other religious groups she has seen on campus.

There is little information provided on the banners and posters that the group displays because their message is supposed to be unobtrusive.

“You will see us little-by-little through mass media,” Musni said. “The movement is getting bigger.”

31 Responses to "Religious group dances on Auraria Campus, plans to keep at it"

1. ttr  February 15, 2012 at 9:04 pm

For more information on this group:

• dina  February 15, 2012 at 11:38 pm

The website that ttr is introducing is full of lies (false information). Please visit the website that has true information.

• ttr  February 16, 2012 at 9:03 pm

no it’s not. it’s full of truthful information.

not everyone who disagrees with you is a liar.

• suzy  February 16, 2012 at 11:24 pm

ttr, I feel pity for you, maybe so do you…i was like you before ..Plz don’t just give up finding true God..this is the time to know better.

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey what i command ” this is what Jesus said.

I think that you never kept the Passover, right?

If you think that you are God’s children, we should keep the passover. why? this is what Jesus taught and Jesus himself demostrated
          the passover for making a good example us to follow (John 13:15)

Some say that we don’t have to keep the passover after Jesus’ crucifixtion but even apostle Paul who receive Jesus afterJesus’s sacrifice
          on the cross,kept the Passover and rather taught people Passover to keep (Cor.11:11,11:23)
          Cor. Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

There are lots of prophcies, if you study one by one, then you will see this is the perfect truth allowed by God.

Plz see the prophecy~

There is the prophecy that woman’s offspring shall have spiritual war against the dragon(Satan) and win at the end.

Rev.12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring–those
          who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

you know, the dragon is satan

Rev.12:9 The great dragon was hurled down–that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray.
          He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

We(wmscog) are her offspring those who obey God’s commandments & hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Then what is the testimony of Jesus ? —- The new covenant, Passover

1 John 5:11-12 “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
          He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. ”

John 6:54-56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life….last day.”
          Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Matthew :26:26-28 While they were eating, Jesus took bread,…”Take and eat; this is my body.”
          Then he took the cup, gave thanks…saying, “Drink from it, all of you… This is my blood of the covenant,
          ..for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Only way for us to have eteral life taught by Jesus is the New Covenant “Passover”
          Only through keeping the Passover, we can have him(Jesus) and he can have us.
          Only Chruch in the world that keeps the New Covenant Passover restored by the second coming Christ,Christ Ahnsahnghong,
          is World Mission Society Church of God.

• ttr  February 17, 2012 at 10:46 pm

i see you copied and pasted a Bible study.. wake up.

here’s Zahng Gil-Ja in a business suit where she runs the International We Love U Foundation: http://eng.weloveu.or.kr/intro/welcome01.asp

here’s Ahn Sahng-Hong’s original church:

and by the way, Ahn never believed in a mother god.

• sujan  February 15, 2012 at 11:56 pm

this site tells a lie about WMSCOG !!!!

• ttr  February 16, 2012 at 9:03 pm

no, it does not.

• suzy  February 19, 2012 at 9:30 am

Thanx for cheering me up though,
          but U seem that U don’t’ know either what u r doing, doing good or bad like sleepwalker.
          So we do wake up, ok?
          Jer 23: 28— Let the prophet who has a dream tell his dream, but let the one who has my word speak it faithfully. For what has straw to do with grain?” declares the LORD .–
          This is pep talk, don’t misunderstand.
          Plus, ncpcog isn’t a original church, tongue-tied … ! Dig ncpcog then you might have what you missed. ..Such as Jer. 23:30— “Therefore,” declares the LORD , “I am against the prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from me.—
          Ciao.

• ttr  February 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm

NCPCOG is Ahn’s original church. His son is still a member.

• suzy  February 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm

John 1 : 10-13 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
            Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God– children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

• YCat  February 16, 2012 at 12:23 am

Take a look at this video and see for yourselves:

You can see the truth about them!

• suzy  February 16, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Then, What about this ?

• suzy  February 19, 2012 at 5:17 pm

ttr, not talking bla bla…
      examining blabla….encountering bla bla….
      u just 1 of them ! u know nothing…. bcoz Christ Ahnsahnghong, he is NOT your father,
      I know better my father , becoz it ‘s my father. Plz don’t pretend u know all !

u r missing many thngs going on behind.

you’ve never been my family be4, you r not even my family now, you will never be my family .
      so don’t talk about my heavenly family.

The site, exposing the lies behind Cult Watch

• ttr  February 21, 2012 at 3:40 pm

when you’re ready to leave this group, there are a lot of loving people waiting to help you.

• suzy  February 22, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Thx, I am relieved to hear that ……not for myself, for youself .
          that’s my dialogue, good chemistry on this point.
          ciao^^

2. Stacey  February 15, 2012 at 9:04 pm

This “unobtrusive” religious group ruined my marriage. Don’t be fooled by the dancing and smiling faces. I know many other people that have been hurt by this group. And of course, they will tell you that any negative information about them are “lies of satan”. Pathetic. Do your research before you decide to “study” with these people.

• sujan  February 16, 2012 at 12:08 am

that’s so bad.. I’ve never thought like you while I go to this church.

• ttr  February 16, 2012 at 9:05 pm

don’t they tell you not to go on the Internet?

• suzy  February 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Should i believe the information about U? we can go, but ” judging ” is each person’s

3. Emma  February 15, 2012 at 11:55 pm

If you read the bible carefully, you can understand WMSCOG is true church in this age.
    Some people don’t want accept it, so they lie.
    WMSCOG is practicing love through the teaching of God.
    Therefore if you wanna know about this group, click this web site please.

4. josephine  February 15, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Wow, my friend practiced the dancing. that’s for this.
    it’s interesting.
    I don’t know well about this religious group but my friend’s family is very harmonious family. I can’t agree to Stacey. Sometimes I envy them.
    And I have heard that they had done voluntary service many times.
    Actually I’m not intersted in a religion but sometimes I’m interested in this group.

5. suzy  February 16, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Stacy, very sorry about your merriage’s crisis. However, Plz don’t transter the responsibility of your tragedy to the church.
    Plus, you should know meanning of the reserach…
    Just suppose, if you want to research about the specific thing living in only Korea, then you should go to Korea to better know.
    Likewise, if someone want to know about the truth of wmscog (World Mission Society Church of God), where should the person go ?
    Of course,wmscog. just go and ask ! that’s it. The decision about who is liar is theirs.

We should not the same mistakes like what the jews did to Jesus chirst 2000 years ago.
    The People was so sure about that Jesus couldn’t be the Savior who they were waiting according to
    Mt 27:25 “All the people answered, “Let his blood be on us and on our children!”

However, Now we know who was!
    If you don’t try to know better, then you will never know.

Whoever want to know more about the truth of God, plz just visit wmscog and check.
    Don’t forget to bring your bible.
    Because the only ONE church in the world that strictly keeps as teachings of God established by Jesus 2000years ago is wmscog.

At last , we can see the definition about “lies of satan”
    1 John 2(niv) The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a “liar”, and the truth is not in him.

Good day all ~

6. Israel  February 21, 2012 at 1:41 pm

WmsChurch of God is the Truth !!!!!!

• ttr  February 21, 2012 at 3:43 pm

yelling doesn’t make your point. unfortunately for your side, Ahn never believed in a mother god.

• suzy  February 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm

agree, but there must be the voice to say the truth. “judge” is another story.

funny thing is you don’t even believe in Christ Ahnsahnghong, then, how can u know about my family thing ?^^
        That’s why i said, dig more, Plz change your source, it’s NOT right ^^

Col(niv) 1 : 2 6-27 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

u should know what “the mystery of God” is, if u want to be saved.

7. suzy  February 22, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Since there is no limit to time and space in the spiritual world, Satan hinders the glory of Christ today the same way he did 2,000years ago. The situation of Jesus’ second coming in this age is exactly the same as that of his first coming.
    I met many people in states who are still waiting for Jesus to come again. however, whenever i said that he had come to this earth, many of them didn’t even try to know whether or not it is true.
    Trying know better what u want is very important, u should not just miss the chance, who knows?

Some people said that our salvation was completed thru Jesus’ crucifixion 2000years ago, then why one more age, holy spirit age is needed for his redemption work and why Jesus said that he would come a second time to bring not Judgement but ” Salvation ” ?

He promised to come to this earth again. it was because the law of the New Covenant, which He had established thru his precious blood 2000 years ago, disappeared during the Dark Ages, so no one would be able to receive eternal life and go to heaven without the second coming of Christ.

“Covenant” means “Promise”

As Jesus had to sacrifice to keep the promise of Passover with us to give us forgiviness of sin, the reason why we are destined to die, so we should also keep the Passover to become one body with Jesus. Then, his sacrifice on the cross can be our sacrifice and his death can be our death.
    The passover the new covenat is the only way to be one body with Jesus.

John 6: 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

8. Pingback: Religious group dances on Auraria Campus, plans to keep at it. – world mission society church of god | Christ Ahnsahnghong who established the WMSCOG

9. Froufrou  March 8, 2012 at 1:51 am

Wow, seems all I hear is indoctrination. And yes, I used to be a fanatical christian, once. Then I realized my powers for intuition. I was blind, but now I see. And, I highly highly doubt any of you followers had any direct revelation of god/ jesus yourselves; if you had, ou would not be so fanatical, nor would you rely on scriptures that were molested through the ages…. Theosophy, ever hear about it ? None of your people will ever be like jesus, only idolize and worship when you too shall do all these things and more. Amen, and a woman.

10. cyn  March 18, 2012 at 8:04 am

i know this is a month old, but i just came across it. i’m very disappointed in this article being written by an editor-in-chief who did not research her topic fully. WMSOG is not affiliated with Seventh-day Adventists, Ahn Sahng-hong is an ex-Adventist, another ex-Adventist being David Koresh. Many times when I am accosted at a department store or solicited to at home by a WMSOG member, I reference this fact and these members themselves aren’t fully aware of the origins of their religion. Yes there are similarities between the two, especially with Sabbath-keeping, but WMSOG congregants aren’t aware where their doctrine stands on tribulation (pre,mid,post). Also, I can’t believe I was told I’ll only be saved if I believe the Holy Spirit is a female residing in South Korea… (can WMSOG explain why they told me God’s Bride is not His church and I will not have salvation from fellow human beings and then contradict themselves when saying salvation is from a woman who was given a hand-me-down religion from her husband?) there’s a huge gap between WMSOG American members and its Korean counterparts; one believing the trinity is purely male and involves Ahn Sahng-hong as the Holy Spirit, while the latter believing it is his wife, the “Holy Mother”. Many religions have graced the Auraria campus, yet the Denver Hare Krishna Temple and the Buddhists are less obtrusive when compared to WMSOG’s methods.

11. shimon  April 23, 2012 at 11:55 am

I realize another month has gone by but ….
    // but WMSOG congregants aren’t aware where their doctrine stands on tribulation (pre,mid,post). //
    because that is rapture and totally alien doctrine therefore it is none of the above. Asking an invalid question cannot give a good response.

//Also, I can’t believe I was told I’ll only be saved if I believe the Holy Spirit is a female residing in South Korea… (can WMSOG explain why they told me God’s Bride is not His church and I will not have salvation from fellow human beings and then contradict themselves when saying salvation is from a woman who was given a hand-me-down religion from her husband//
    Neither American’s nor Koreans teach God the Mother as the Holy Spirit… Also, The “woman” is not a fellow human not contradiction.